Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Inappropriate WS    

Inappropriate WS

fletsch
Canada

Inappropriate WS

Hi Everyone:

I just started looking through today �s recent printables and came across a lesson plan that is in my opinion VERY offensive (I am not going to name names).   Thankfully, it has received 0 downloads.  It is nice to know that no one downloaded it and that my peers on this website have the same view as I do...

Cheers,

Fletsch

29 Sep 2010      

marinamc
Spain

Hi Fletsch,

I totally agree with you! Who is ever going to use this in class? We, as teachers, are supposed to get our students to THINK FREELY

Cheers,

Marina

29 Sep 2010     

franknbea
United Kingdom

I have just seen the ws you �re refering to and I don �t think any moderator would find

it appropriate material for this site. Unfortunately there is no provision for reporting it as it doesn �t fit any of the criteria.
However I do ask any moderators to scan the new contributions and they should have no problems identifying the sheet as I think it is offensive to most people.
I don �t think there should be a place on this site for such content even allowing for cultural differences. Some things just aren �t OK not matter how you dress them up.

29 Sep 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I think it is everyone �s responsibility to report this. You should name names.
This site needs to have a proper standard.  The materials we use reflect back on the teachers. There are some here who are less experienced than others and may not be aware that the mentioned worksheet is inappropriate for teaching.

29 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Damn that Celine Dion and her controversial lyrics...Only kidding. I believe I found the material you are refering to. What is this person thinking?

29 Sep 2010     

foreverjinxed
South Africa

I can �t find it, is it the KKK one? lol

29 Sep 2010     

fletsch
Canada

Hey again:

I have sent Victor an email about it.  In answer to your question edrodmedina, I have no idea what this person was thinking.  It is really disheartening to think of the students that would be taught this lesson by their teacher.

And Libertybelle I thought that it might not be a good idea to put the member �s name on the ESL forum.  Maybe I should have...

29 Sep 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I havn �t seen the worksheet yet, but I think that inappropriate material should be reported.

29 Sep 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I wrote a comment that said -
wouldn �t it serve a better purpose to teach where
prejudice, hate, discrimination and racism come from and
how to fight it rather than to learn to think like a bigot?

29 Sep 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Where can I download this worksheet? You got me curious now. Pig

Can�t even find it among the reported wss,  Censored

29 Sep 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

I think the author is probably naive, trying to provoke a heated conversation class, but simply not realising the underlying consequences of asking  students to pretend to be a KKK sympathiser.

I can �t believe it was intented to promote racism.

But I agree it should be removed.

29 Sep 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >