Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > from docx to doc    

from docx to doc

olaola
Italy

from docx to doc

I use docx documents when I prepare worksheets for my students,but I sometimes realize that some of them could be good enough to be uploaded here in esl printables, but when I convert the document it becomes huge!!!!!
what can I do?
thanks
Tiziana

30 Sep 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Save it as a picture file ;o)

30 Sep 2010     

Poohbear
Germany

Try and compress the pictures.
Go to "picture tools" (under "format") and use the "compress" option. If you compress all pics in the document, it usually does the trick.

Or, as Regina said, save it as a picture. Regina is quite an expert in this section!

Hope this helps.

30 Sep 2010     

olaola
Italy

thank you!

30 Sep 2010     

hieu_ngoc
Canada

From my understanding, saving a doc "as a picture file" disables the option to re-edit the content. So, even though the method is a viable way to reduce the file size, it limits the option - for those of us who want to download your worksheet - to edit the contents to suit our students � needs.

1 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

please write "not editable" into the description if it �s a picture file - often it �s quite annoying when one can �t edit a document and notices too late. 

1 Oct 2010     

Miss Rasha
Lebanon

Please, how can I download worksheets from this site?
Please help me.

1 Oct 2010