Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Written english exam    

Written english exam

aliciapc
Uruguay

Written english exam

Good afternoon everyone,
I was wondering if someone knows of an international english exam which doesn �t include an oral interview? I �ve a student whose oral skills are not good at all and she �s asked me whether she �d have the chance of taking such an exam.
I �d like her to keep trying and practising, of course, and she �d improve in the long run, but she doesn �t agree with my idea and would like to take a written exam.
If anyone knows, please ... help !
Thanks a million !
Alicia

30 Sep 2010      

silvanadelval
Argentina

What about TOEFL?

Cheers!

Silvana

30 Sep 2010     

natval
Greece

There �s also TOEIC given by University of Michigan. There �s no writing or speaking exam but it �s business oriented. If you need more information don �t hesitate to contact me.

30 Sep 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Thank you Silvana and Natval, but TOEFL is not what she needs as , if I �m not mistaken, you have to take another one after two years for it to keep being "valid". I �ll look up info about TOEIC, thank you Natval . Both very kind !

30 Sep 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

No, TOEIC is like TOEFL : two years validity ... thank you, Natval !

1 Oct 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

If it �s TOEFL she needs, you should find out if it is still possible to take the TOEFL paper-based test anywhere near you. This test doesn �t have the speaking module.

1 Oct 2010