Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Useful sites for pupils who are writing projects in English    

Useful sites for pupils who are writing projects in English

debbiem
Israel

Useful sites for pupils who are writing projects in English

Hi again,
I have pupils in the twelfth grade that have to write a project in English. They have to collect materials and then summarize them. Their materials can be based on articles they have found on the web. The problem is that they need the English to be easy otherwise they won �t be able to deal with the material. I recommended "ask Jeeves" but that isn �t enough. Do you know of any sites that can be helpful. They know how to google but I am asking of specific sites that use easy English.
Here are some of the interesting topics that have been chosen:
Helen Keller
Horse Therapy
William Smith
Smoking
Tattoos
Oscar Pistorius
Lance Armstrong
Thanks,
Debbie

1 Oct 2010      

Friedfam
Israel

Hi Debbie, Nice to meet you. I often have my kids do projects too and I know your problem - the sites are often too advanced for their English skills and that �s frustrating. Sometimes they look up their topics on Wilkepedia in Hebrew and translate. Another option is to have them google a site �for kids � (there the language is usually easier. Here are a few sites for biographies: http://gardenofpraise.com/leaders.htm
Hope that helps......

1 Oct 2010