Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > ASSOCIATION GAMES IN PPT - can be done!!!    

ASSOCIATION GAMES IN PPT - can be done!!!

anitarobi
Croatia

ASSOCIATION GAMES IN PPT - can be done!!!

Dear friends and colleagues!
A special thanks to Serene and Zailda for their support in my forum plea yesterday. I was stuck trying to make a playable association games ppt and couldn �t figure out what turned out to be quite a simple thing. A major thanks to Ed who offered to help asap, without any reserve, and to teachermarko who finally gave me that simple final solution which made everything click.
So, as promised, despite of the fact that it �s self-advertising, I �ve managed to make and upload 2 Halloween association games in playable ppts, and - again as promised - I �ve also uploaded a free template for this!!!
Such a huge thank you for inspiring me to strive to better things and to create more challenging, yet fun, games for my students, always learning and improving my own teaching skills, as well as my computer skills!
Have a great weekend!
Anita

1 Oct 2010      

Poohbear
Germany

Fantastic, dear Anita! You are such a hard-working and creative person, and warm-hearted and generous at the same time. Your template is fantastic. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anita�s template is here.

1 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Thanks a bunch both Anita for her terrific contributions and Poohbear for providing the link to the template. I �m not a patient person (I spend all the patience I have got with my students...) so I �ll certainly use it!

Already downloaded them all! (I �m not patient enough to wait even for 20 minutes more... LOL)

1 Oct 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Anita,  my dear

You rock

( Sorry, didn �t answer, but I couldn �t be not even a little bit helpful )

2 Oct 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Anita ..the game is awsome... I tweeked (he he) the letttering (centered everything) and made the covers 3d . Ed

2 Oct 2010     

Hazza
Australia

Can anyone suggest what format I should save  powerpoints in? My powerpoints are not interactive when I download them! What should I save them as:
just as powerpoint presentation or the old version or 97-2003 or what comes up first, as template, as a show, as xml. I have so many to choose from!!!!Can anyone help please!!!

2 Oct 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Glad you liked it. Ed, how do you manage??? PPts are such a magical world for me - I keep discovering new ways to do things!!! (Do pm when you upload some of yours - I �d love to �spend some money in your store �!
Hazza, 97-2003 works. I haven �t really added any sound effects or anything spectacular which can be added. I was just happy to finally figure out how to even make the game work, and it �s all make-up from now on...
When you make yours, just move my atch slightly, type your text instead of mine, and put the patch back. The patches are already animated, so you don �t waste time with them. As for the design and background, whatever you change, the game actions remain, so don �t worry. And there �s always the unbelievably consoling undo button!!!

2 Oct 2010     

Hazza
Australia

thanks for your trouble and for sharing!!

2 Oct 2010