Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ANY IDEA FOR A SELF REFRESHER COURSE FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS?    

ANY IDEA FOR A SELF REFRESHER COURSE FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS?

magherinis
Italy

ANY IDEA FOR A SELF REFRESHER COURSE FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS?

I work in a Primary school in a small village in Tuscany. I teach English to children from 6 to 11. Two years ago together with Marzia one of my collegue, I proposed a self refresher course for English teachers coming from primary and secondary school and working in our area. We met once a month from October to April.It was an amazing experience: the attendants � English  level was different but all of us have played (taboo), cooked (simple recipes) performed (short plays) discuss (about our job for instance helped by some English friends)  in...English. This year we wish to renew that experience and w �d like to receive some suggestions. SmileWhat do you think a self refresher course should deal with?  I want to underline the fact that Marzia and I do it only because we believe that English teacher should try to do their best (and they do it!) to practise and  improve their and their students � English.  For this reason we organize  Summer Camps for our children with English mother tongue tutors, We propose conversation time with English people the students attending the 5th year and we also prepare them for Trinity Exams. Would you mind helping us? What could be propose to our collegues? Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

2 Oct 2010