Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Activities for "simple present tense"    

Activities for "simple present tense"

sevgicik_
Turkey

Activities for "simple present tense"

Hi everyone!

I am teaching students aged 14-15. And, next week �s topic is simple present tense. I know there are lots of activities ,but as I am new at teaching I appreciate your advice on which one works best, how to present and deal with this topic.

I also wonder whether there is a good song that could be used for this subject.

Thanks in advance.Hugsss:)

2 Oct 2010      

puddyd
Oman

http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=20757#thetop

You could use the first half of this ppt and save the second part for past simple. There �s a full lesson plan there for you to follow, hope it �s helpful ;o)

2 Oct 2010     

Aline37
Turkey

Recently there was a worksheet on the site about the daily routine of a superstar. I thought that could be a good idea to introduce the simple present and keep young teenagers interested.
You could make up the daily routine of someone famous and then compare it to their daily routine. That way you could also introduce questions in the simple present and the negative form.
I hope this helps.
Have a nice Sunday! Wink
Aline

3 Oct 2010     

sevgicik_
Turkey

Thanks so much. I will keep them in my mind.

What about songs? Do you know any nice song for present simple tense?

5 Oct 2010     

douglas
United States

Here �s a couple suggestions (they are older songs though):

Johnny Cash, I walk the Line:

Paul Simon, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover:

Hope this helps,
Douglas

5 Oct 2010     

Emma2013
Romania

Maybe you can also introduce questions in the simple present tense and the negative form ?... :)

I hope it is a good idea :)

14 Jan 2013