Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > The very first lesson with the very beginners    

The very first lesson with the very beginners

lili79
Czech Republic

The very first lesson with the very beginners

HelloSmile

I am starting a new group of adult students and I really would like to hit it off from the very first lesson, just want to make them feel they will have learned something by the end of the first lesson. They are total beginners, some of them false beginners, I was told.

And since I know that this site is swarming with great teachers with much more experience than I have, I was wondering if you could give me some new ideas on such lesson.

Also, another (grammar) question: Did I use the future perfect in the sentence in bold correctly? I guess not...oops...what would be the right way, then?

Thank you VERY much for your answers in advance,

Lili

5 Oct 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Good morning, dear Lili!! :)

Please, check this thread and follow my advice:

-  Silke

5 Oct 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I just finished my first lesson with a false beginner.  I decided to start with numbers, and it was a great choice.  He didn �t know his numbers.  I have a great game that I use with groups with numbers.  I give a number - lets say 7.  No-one is allowed to say the number 7.  So we go around the group.  1,2,3,4,5,6, next person must say 8 or he/she is out.  Lots of fun.  The bigger the group the more fun.

Good luck.

Hugfrom Israel

Judy

5 Oct 2010     

lili79
Czech Republic

Thank you for your great help :-) Definitely useful!!!!

Have a nice day. Lili

5 Oct 2010