Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > making online activites with a Mac    

making online activites with a Mac

chrissmolder
Australia

making online activites with a Mac

Has anyone had any success creating online activities with a Mac?  Unhappy

6 Oct 2010      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Chris

I have a Mac, but I haven �t post any online activities for other reasons: online exercises don �t go well with firefox and I can �t open this site with Safari, so, no way for me. I am pretty sure that the problem is not your Mac, Macs don �t have problems, it may be something with the browser.
Good luck.
Linda

6 Oct 2010     

chrissmolder
Australia

Hi Linda!  Thanks for answering.  I tried with Firefox, which is what I usually use, and Safari.  There was more functionality with Firefox than Safari, but I can �t insert objects.  I suspect that the site is just designed to be used with PCs.  That, unfortunately, is one definite problem with Macs Unhappy  

6 Oct 2010     

Zora
Canada

The only Operating System the Online Activities allow when creating something is Internet Explorer. You can use Firefox to view them though but the voice option is limited and you need IE to hear the vocabulary.

6 Oct 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

You could create a partition on you mac and install windows.  bit of a faff though.

6 Oct 2010     

dawnmain
United Kingdom

Can you explain what happens?  I have just had a quick look at the program, I have never used it before, and I placed an image from the gallery.  I use firefox on the macbook pro.

I notice that the max size for an image is 100kb - could that be it?

regards

6 Oct 2010     

chrissmolder
Australia

Dawnmain--with Firefox I get an error message like �the object cannot be inserted into the present location �.  With Safari I cannot even load the complete program (objects don �t even appear as an option) because �rich text is not enabled �.  With Firefox I am able to use text an images but not the objects--which basically creates an online Word document.  I won �t install Explorer although that would be a workable solution--thanks for the suggestion.  I might make a few exercises on another computer, but that will be a pain too.

It �s ok--I love my Mac but I accept that the rest of the world mainly prefers PCs! 

Thanks Zora--at least I know now that it wasn �t because I was doing something wrong!  I wasn �t able to find much information from the link that is provided for �help �.

6 Oct 2010