Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > zip lining    

zip lining

hafedh chairet
Tunisia

zip lining

I came across the word zip liining in a holiday activities ws. I checked my diction and I couldn �t find any answer. can you help please? thanks a lot.

7 Oct 2010      

skittles
United States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip-line

7 Oct 2010     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Hafedh Chairet,

You use the phrase �Zip lining �.

I had a winter overcoat (an outer coat) with a �zip lining �.
The �zip lining � was an inner coat.  It was a warm, fleece coat inside the outer coat, (a lining to the outer coat), which attached to the outer coat with a zip fastener.  It was a �lining � and it was �zipped � to the outer coat.  It was a �zip lining �.  I was wearing two coats, both fastened together with a zip fastener.

When it was hot, I unzipped and removed the inner coat and wore just the outer coat, so I was much cooler.

I don �t know if this reply helps you.

Les Douglas

7 Oct 2010     

baiba
Latvia

This is zip lining

7 Oct 2010     

hafedh chairet
Tunisia

thank you very much baiba for the photoes.Many thanks skittles for the comprehensive explanation. thank you dear idthemagicman for your detailed explanation.wish you all good luck.

8 Oct 2010