Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Thinking outside the box / seriously looking and asking questions for those who have problems with this site    

Thinking outside the box / seriously looking and asking questions for those who have problems with this site

donapeter
Romania

My question is: how many of those new members who wanted to find out why their ppt do not work had a search in the Forum �s archive and find the answer there?  

Well...there are proofs that this topic was discussed in the past!!!   But....who bothers?  

PS: I�ve just checked the other posts about uploading PPTs - there are lots of explanations, Gabitza even explained how to resize the pics. BUT...as I said before............
It is very frustrating to see people claiming things and blaming people instead finding out for themselves. When someone (old member/moderator etc) says " READ THE RULES" it means THE ANSWER is there!!!!!!!

8 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Clap

Well said, Dona!! :)

8 Oct 2010     

donapeter
Romania

One more thing to add........"Thinking outside the box" means searching and finding out an answer without just asking it, as it is a right, the new member �s right.
 Let �s make a difference between laziness and "thinking outside the box". 

8 Oct 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Honestly, I don �t think anybody knows exactly why there are certain error messages. Whenever I got one I simply tried hours later or days later, I never had (the urge) to ask questions about it (I think #1), it seems other people pull the "let �s aks (Freudian slip?) someone who knows" trigger much faster than me...might be part of my independent personality.... (I think #2) I don �t understand why new members expect to be pampered....I just don �t get it, aren �t they here because they want something? I came here because I wanted something and I was quiet for a very long time, I did learn a lot just from watching and trying to find out myself.

People are too lazy to even search the forum....why bother, if I can have my answer personalized?!

8 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2