Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Make sure you check free clipart closely....    

Make sure you check free clipart closely....

blunderbuster
Germany

Make sure you check free clipart closely....

I just  found one with Nazi Symbols.....

8 Oct 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I must have gone blind...

Where??

8 Oct 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Swastika in red, 6 times. I mean, even if the symbol is still used for other things in some places, I would certainly no want to walk into the classroom with something like that.....people sometimes also use cute pictures without being able to read/translate what is written on them.....

8 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Sorry, but they �re so tiny that I didn �t notice them at first...

How disgusting!! Thumbs Down

BTW, the use of fylfots isn �t allowed in Germany anyway. You may even be liable to prosecution if you use such kind of clipart!

8 Oct 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I guess this info was for non-German members ;o))

8 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Do I have to change my flag now in order to be allowed to say something else?

8 Oct 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,

Silke you said: "BTW, the use of fylfots isn �t allowed in Germany anyway. You may even be liable to prosecution if you use such kind of clipart!"
what about using the Nazi symbol when you teach what happened during (and before) WWII? can you use them in history class for example?
Obviously I mean "using it" to explain what it represented (or still represents unfortunately), and not to promote the ideas behind that symbol...
what if you want to show that this symbol was used by the Nazis but not created by them?

one last question, what would a school headmaster do if a student had the Nazi symbol on a notebook? in my school 3 years ago we had a problem with one student who had put it on his bag (with a marker) and he was expelled 3 days if I remember well, but nothing more happened and I thought 3 days were not enough...

hope you don �t mind, i don �t want to offend anyone, just want to have your opinion...

have a nice evening!
Elodie

8 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Dear Elodie,

Of course, I don �t mind you asking me some questions - why should I?! Hug

I �m afraid the statement I posted above wasn�t very clear, so it �s no wonder that you �re asking me such questions!! Wink

Of course, there are pictures of fylfots in German history books or in German magazines that publish a story about the Third Reich or the Holocaust. What I meant to say was that you cannot use such kind of clipart to pimp your wss, for example, and no student is allowed to draw a fylfot on their pencil case or school bag just for fun!!

So you CAN use that symbol in history class, of course!

Most Germans are very much aware of their history. I for one feel more than just ashamed for what the Germans did to homosexual people, the Jews and people who were mentally disturbed or physically handicapped before and during WWII... I dare to say that the vast majority of Germans feels like me and so almost all of us are very anxious when it comes to avoiding heated discussions about the Nazi time. It �s better not to use any Nazi symbol without a very good reason!

As for your question about your student who was expelled from school for having drawn a fylfot on their bag 3 years ago, I �m sure that pretty much the same would have happened to him or her in Germany. Maybe they would have been expelled for one or two weeks, but no longer than that I suppose.

Should you have any further questions, please, let me know. Smile

Have a great evening - Silke

8 Oct 2010     

foreverjinxed
South Africa

The Nazi symbol reversed (anti-clockwise) is a Buddhist symbol in Korea ^_^

9 Oct 2010