Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

valfairyrose
Uruguay

Word of the Day

Hello Everybody!!!!

A wonderful surprise dear Yams

You chose me as the winner!!!!!!!!

So lets see if I can handle this game...

The word today is:
                                Maastrichtian

People remember, this is a game, only the funniest and artful definition will be the winner!!!! not the correct one....

To play and have fun the definitions are...

Huge Hug
Val

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=23086

9 Oct 2010      

olgumco
Colombia

Mmmmm a Maastrichtian is exactly mmmm how can I explain it to you.... 

It �s a person who is exclusively dedicated to train the maasters, which are those people who are studying a Master �s program but still can�t graduate because their theses are really bad.

The verb is to maastre. The adjective is maastreable.  The adverb is maastreably.

Example: Mauricio needs a very patient maastrichtian so he can finally decide what topic to research, but he won �t be able to graduate if he keeps on bringing his pig pet to class. Pig

9 Oct 2010     

chokosaki
United States

Maastrichtian
If I �m not mistaken, a Maastrichtian is actually a person from any area where the dominant livestock are a hybrid between sheep and ostriches.  Interesting creatures the maastriches are.

9 Oct 2010