Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Stolen AGAIN, AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!!    

Stolen AGAIN, AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!!

manyasha-ru
Russian Federation

Stolen AGAIN, AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!!

I think, it�s the third or fourth time when wss �363 Irregular verbs in the pictures of Herluf Bidstrup � have been reported. In fact, it�s very disappointing, because I did them myself almost 5 months while my suckling were sleeping. And these wss do not spread anywhere else except ESLprintables.com. I even cried today when I saw that I�ve been reported again. This message was sent to me: �I like your ws. They are perfect. As if they were downloaded from the net and sent to the esl�. It�s not fair! How can I protect my work from a not very decent people?

I HAVE NEVER PLACED MY WSS ON OTHER SITES EXCEPT ESLPRINTABLES.COM, MUCH LESS I�VE NEVER SOLD THEM FOR MONEY!

9 Oct 2010      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

manyasha,
you are not the only one whose wss are being stolen (read the thread below). If you publish your wss on the net you have to expect they might be stolen. Just write to the provider of the other website and inform him what is happening and someone is stealing your wss.

9 Oct 2010     

donapeter
Romania

Manyasa....
Katiana �s wss were published in a book. Of course her name was not mentioned!!! I know ..it �s so frustrating to see that happening. A lot of work and someone takes it just like this. 
I suggest you put a watermark on your wss. 

Thumbs Up

9 Oct 2010     

manyasha-ru
Russian Federation

Thank you for advice about watermarks)))))

9 Oct 2010     

eternalmoonlight
Turkey

Can you inform me about how to put a watermark on the worksheet?

10 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

I �m afraid thieves will exist forever and imaging a perfect world is a good way to do everything possible to try making it come true,  but we live in a real world.

Some divide the world into two parts: "the real" and "the virtual", but in fact there �s only one and they have the same "rules" (and not all of them are fair) since both are inhabited by imperfect human beings and their actions.

If you have a car you have to be aware of carjacking, it �ll always be a possibility (and you can use "must", "may" or "might" depending on your neighborhood and the model you drive).

If we are creative and helpful enough to make wss and upload them somewhere, we should also be aware of the stealing issue. Unfortunately our first duty is creating; the second, fighting against copyright infringement.  If we don �t take the second, the first will gradually become less and less rewarding (for the creator, of course).

If we pursue in both duties (taking both as part of the same objective = help) our work will reach and benefit the ones we thought primarily in when we started: our students and colleagues (as well as their students).

If we sum all those people we �ll conclude we can make a difference, after all. If we let them (the others, the people who disrespect our work or spread it as theirs) discourage us to do what we �re able to / what we do best, they �ll win this battle and the war, at the end.

10 Oct 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Eternalmoonlight,
when you are creating a word document, go to format,  there click on background and at the bottom you will find the option for watermarks on ws, you can add a pic or write sth.

10 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

...and them the "borrowers" go to format and erase it.

Anyway thanks Alicia, since borrowers are lazy enough to take other person �s work maybe they don �t take the time to erase it after all and it �ll be an easy way to recognize your (or your colleagues �) work on the internet.

There �s no way to stop them from using our work, we have to act together in order to remove their contributions wherever we find them.

We have some members who have a logo they use in all of their wss and the "borrowers" upload the copies WITH THEIR LOGOS! They don �t even bother to erase it! That �s a shame a so-called teacher is able to have a speech in class teaching students they shouldn �t cheat or copy other student �s homework and then they simply take another person �s work and publish it as their own.

I �m not a moralist but for me they go too far to get what they want. Do they think the goal justifies the means we use to get them? I don �t think so, and so I teach my students. Maybe they should learn from their own speach.

10 Oct 2010