Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > How to create a black and white version in my worksheets    

How to create a black and white version in my worksheets

AGUILA
Spain

How to create a black and white version in my worksheets

Hello dear colleages!

I �ve been downloading a lot of worksheets where pictures and keys are included, but also a black and white version. I would like to do this, but in the web page where I can do the conversion, a lot of drawings and text are bad than the original one. Some of you, when upload your exercises, the quality is the same and they are perfect for print, copy and share them to my students. As you well know, schools are not able to do copies for all students in colour, so if you tell me how to do it, from now, all my worksheet will include a b&w version. Thanks a lot and I �m waiting for your answer. Thanks in advance.

11 Oct 2010      

Vanara
Cambodia

Hi, Aguila. I make it in this way. For Microsoft Word 2007, Just right click on your picture and select the format picture, Picture, Recolor, Color modes, Grayscale. For 2003, right click on your picture and select the format picture, Picture, Image Control, Grayscale. That�s it. I hope this will help you. Smile

11 Oct 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

"Grayscale" is just changing your pictures into 256 shades of gray.  Black and white is monochrome where the only color printed is black.  To create a true B & W worksheet you have to either use monochrome graphics to begin with or change each individual image. If you change a bitmap image to monochrome all your dark colors will turn black and the light colors will disappear so you first have to change dark colors to white before saving as monochrome, which will now give you an outline picture. With wmfs I use the software Advanced Drawing to create an outline image. Here we have a greyscale image, a monochrome image and a full color image.

11 Oct 2010     

hieu_ngoc
Canada

David Lisgo - is there a free online program to access the software Advanced Drawing to create an outline image?

11 Oct 2010     

David Lisgo
Japan

I do not know of a free version of the software. Mine was bundled in with my Art Explosion clipart some other clipart I bought.

11 Oct 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

There is a program called paintNet that a member once recomended. I installed it and it works perfectly. It �s free. I don �t remember the link. Jusy google it.

11 Oct 2010     

serene
Greece

Here it is, Lizsantiago �s tutorial.

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=422829#thetop

11 Oct 2010