Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Graphic Design    

Graphic Design

t.javanshir
Australia

Graphic Design

Hi dear colleagues,

Which one is better to say for the occupation of a person who specializes in designing the illustrations on a package in your opinion? As you know a package designer is different from a graphicist of packages in that a package designer only decides on the overall form of the packages and a graphic designer, on the other hand, designs the illustrations on packages; and that is why I would like to include the word �graphic � too.

Graphic Packaging Design
or
Graphics Packaging Design
or
Graphic Package Design
or
Graphic Package Designing
or
Packaging Graphic Design
or
please give me your comments. 

Thanks

12 Oct 2010      

almaz
United Kingdom

Toofan,

I �ve just pm �d you the following:

Perhaps you�re looking for the word �illustrator�:

How Graphic Design and Illustration Professionals Work Together

In most professional settings, the graphic designer determines the call for illustration. The designer requires an image, and this work is assigned to an illustrator. An illustrator creates a picture, and a graphic designer decides how the picture will be used in the layout.

[from this site]

PS If I �d known you were going to repost your original question on the forum, I wouldn �t have sent you a pm in answer to your pm!

12 Oct 2010     

t.javanshir
Australia

Thank you Alex,

What I mean exactly is the person (of course I would like to know what the occupation is called rather than the person who does it) who designs the pictures, scripts, etc. on a package using the computer. The person designs the layout all by himself.

Look at the image below, for example:
It has been designed by a graphic designer, right? So this graphic designer �s occupation is called Packaging graphic design or something, yeah?

12 Oct 2010