Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Brain teasers and riddles    

Brain teasers and riddles

eng789
Israel

Brain teasers and riddles

If anyone is looking for brainteasers or riddles  WITH ANSWERS OR KEYS,  TRY THESE SITES.

http://www.azkidsnet.com/brainteasers.htm

I have a spot in my classroom where I post a new riddle each week.  There is a small box under it so pupils can submit their solutions.  Once a week I check the box and the first person with the correct answer gets written in my score sheet.  At the end of the year, the pupil who solved the most riddles will get a prize. 
The kids love it.

2 Dec 2008      

Marshmallow (F)
France

Sounds like a great idea! I like it a lot, thanks!

But do they always find the correct answer? (I was thinking of some I wouldn�t find the answer myself!)
And what if many of them get the answer?

Caroline

2 Dec 2008     

eng789
Israel

No, sometimes they can�t solve it, so that week no one gets the point.  But they get mad when I forget to bring a new one.  

Here is 2 they didn�t get.  What sits in the corner and travels around the world?   a postage stamp

What gets wetter the more it dries?    a towel

I solved the problem of more than one getting the right answer by putting all their answers into a bag and I close my eyes and pick one and I keep doing this until I�ve picked one with the correct answer.  So it�s a bit like a lottery but they accept the fact that it is fair.

They don�t alway have to know the answer,  it�s nice to make them think a bit and sometimes they even discuss the possibities. 

2 Dec 2008     

dennismychina
China

Hi,

a bit late but to answer your questions��.. a postage stamp sits in the corner of a letter / envelope. And ofcause the letter travels�

And the second is..as you dry yourself, the towel absorbs the water from your body so it gets wetter as you get drier.

Enjoy

3 Dec 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Have you tried logic problems? �You have to find really easy ones, but they�re great for getting the students to think in English.

5 Dec 2008