Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > song to teach your students...    

song to teach your students...

_babz
Canada

song to teach your students...

hi gang...

every year....i have students sing songs.....and this year i decided to go with this one:

I love it..
but tell me what you think.....it �s a modified version of Wavin flag...made by Canadian artists...to help raise funds for Haiti..

13 Oct 2010      

renko6
Poland

Hi !
Thanks babz for the great site with this wonderful song.

I love it just like you and I will use it in my class to show the teens the tragedy on Haiti.
It �s a great song and fantastic idea because my students love songs, too. They try to sing and translate the words into their own language and this way they learn many new words.

Canadian artists are . . . brilliant !

Hugs from Poland where people are sleeping in their warm beds Smile (it �s 2:26 am in my country) so for me it �s time to say - goodbye !

Renia Wink

13 Oct 2010     

S.Reisner
Brazil

Really beautiful and worth discussing with our students.
Hugs from Brazil

13 Oct 2010     

rakelsg
Peru

Greetings from Peru,

I just love that version of Waving Flag. I used it with my highschool students during the time of the World Cup to let them know how a beautiful song could be used for different purposes. The lyrics are so touching and the good part is that students really liked it because they could also identify popular singers like Avril Lavigne, Nelly Furtado or Justin Beaver among others.
By the way, I used debiland �s worksheet which goes perfectly with that specific version. Here �s the link just in case.

Have fun with the song and thanks for the youtube link.

Raquel.

13 Oct 2010     

Zora
Canada

Love the song... thank you so much for reminding us of it. Smile

13 Oct 2010