Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help!!    

Help!!

dany.faryas86
Brazil

Help!!

Hi, Guys!!!
I need some help!!! Smile

Next year I want to go to the States ^^ , but I don �t know what kind of exchange would be nice too me,
one friend tell me to go how Au pair, but I don �t know if I would like to take care of kids...
In fact I would like to study or work in some place there...but I don �t know that to do for sure :S
so I would like your opinion guys about what kind of exchange I supposed to do???

=)

13 Oct 2010      

valfairyrose
Uruguay

Hi Dany, maybe you can apply for a scholarship
Take a look, this page is a comission that works with exchange programs for teacher and students.
 www.fulbright.org.br/

I hope you find it helpful
Hugs
Val

13 Oct 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hello,
I spent a year in England as an au pair, so let me give you my honest opinion:
- you only have to pay for your plane tickets to the USA, then you get some "pocket money" - not a salary - for your work. I was supposed to work 20 hours per week for �40 (9 years ago), but I worked more like 30-40 hours a week. You �re supposed to take care of the kids and do the usual housework - like hoovering, dusting, washing up, laundry... - + drive... but in my first family I used to do a lot more: like clean the windows, feed the guinea pigs of the family... even though I wasn �t supposed to...
- my first family was really awful, but my second family was great. I spent 2 more years abroad after that but it was during my year as an au pair that I became bilingual because I lived with a family and I had to speak English all the time... When I went to England as an Erasmus student - exchange program financed by my university and the European Union - I spent most of my time with foreign students like me, so I didn �t learn as much. And when I went to Minnesota as a French assistant I spoke French all the time, since I was teaching French...
working in the USA can be hard: I have a friend who still lives there and she tried to find another job - she �s been a French assistant for 7 years and she wants to do something else - but she didn �t manage to get another job...

try to contact your embassy in the US, maybe they have jobs you can apply to...

good luck!!!
Elodie

13 Oct 2010     

MiriamGoshinha
Brazil

Hey dear the best one for you will be Work & Travel. But for this program you`ll need to be university pupil. I work with this kind of program. Any doubr please make me know.
kisses

13 Oct 2010     

dany.faryas86
Brazil

Thanks for the advices =)

13 Oct 2010