Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > MY ALPHABET FLASHCARDS document PART 3 WAS UNFAIRLY REMOVE    

MY ALPHABET FLASHCARDS document PART 3 WAS UNFAIRLY REMOVE

catiahenriques
Portugal

MY ALPHABET FLASHCARDS document PART 3 WAS UNFAIRLY REMOVE

Hi. My alphabet flashcards  document part 3 was removed only because it had 3 letters and it should have 4. I have to say that  when I did it  it had 4 letters but it was more then 500kb (617kb) so I had no choice  I had to cut the �W � and put it in a different document. After that I saw that it still more than 500kb and I had reduce the size letters.

Why people before removing things don�t contact the author? 

It was a part of a set. And now the set isn�t complete.
I think it is not fair to  those who want to download my work.

Huigs
C�tia  

13 Oct 2010      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

C�tia,
if the moderators contacted all the authors of reported wss, we would have no time for anything else. Moderating is very time-consuming and there are clear rules to follow. If you feel your ws was removed unfairly, you can always contact Victor.

13 Oct 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Catia,

Have a look at this tutorial.Maybe it can help.Smile

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=357385#thetop

13 Oct 2010     

catiahenriques
Portugal

Dear Mariethe House

I�ve compressed the pictures but still more then 500kb.
Thanks

13 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Try http://www.picnik.com/
 It �s an on-line program for compressing pictures.

13 Oct 2010     

catiahenriques
Portugal

Thanks MJ Misa.

13 Oct 2010     

RENZO
Peru

Frst of all I am very gretful with Victor for creating this wonderful webpage around the world.  it is the best thing that  I have seen in all my life.
but please.  I would like you to widen the weight of the worksheets. becuase when I do my WS I have always to cut them. I have to divide into two or three parts.
thanks Victor I do not know who you are. I have never met you. thanks for being so generous. Thanks from heart to all the teacher around the world for the wonderful worksheets.

Good luck and take care
Charito
Renzo is my son who is four years old. He speaks English and Spanish. and a little Quechua.
from Peru
My personal e mail [email protected]

13 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear Charito,
the size has been extended recently from 200kB to 500kB for documents and from 500kB to 2MB for Powerpoints.
If you have a problem with the size of your wss, have a look at some of the tutorials you can download for free and try to compress the images. If you look at some wss, they are full of pictures and the members manage with 500kB with no problem.
Good Luck, Michaela

13 Oct 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dearest C�tia,
if you upload parts of worksheet, always add the numbers to the NAME of the worksheet
eg: ABC flashcards 1/3, ABC flashcards 2/3, ABC flascards 3/3

This will help the moderators to see it is a part of a set...
Maybe, you can add some short supereasy exercises / songs / fill-in / matching exercise at the end of the third part.
This will attract more downloaders and satisfy the moderators....

IF you think you lost a lot of points, contact Victor.
IF you think you may get your points back, upload the 3rd part again... This will help the downloaders to have the set full...

Try to use RESIZER. MANY TEACHERS DON �T DOWNLOAD worksheets in parts...
This one resizes HUNDREDS of pics in seconds
http://www.pixelapp.com/Free-Photo-Converter.htm

If you need help, ask at forum or use FREE tutorials - see tutorial section.

Good luck!!!!
Moravc.

14 Oct 2010     

AnnyJ
Taiwan

Dear Moravc
Catia did number her worksheets the way you suggested. I downloaded the �set � just to find that part 3 was missing. 
Sometimes I think the moderators should relax a little more. I know that they have a lot of work to do, but they have agreed to do the job.
Rather focus and remove worksheets with grammar mistakes. It is really embarrassing to use a worksheet, just to hear from a parent that there is a grammar mistake. English is not my first language, therefor I have to trust the worksheet...but my oh my...some of them are really bad.

14 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

AjnnyJ what do you mean by "relax a little more"?
How should moderators relax a little more?

Bend the rules?
Because those rules do exist.
Bend them for whom?

........For people from their own countries?
........For women contributors?
........For male contributers over 50?
........For people who have under 250 points?
........Or bend them every Monday, Friday and Saturday plus around Christmas?

Just trying to explain that once you have a rule and are relaxed about it you become unfair

I do, agree, however, that some worksheets are so full of mistakes that you wonder whether the person who contributed them is even a student of English, leave alone a teacher. But if moderators started looking for mistakes and going through every document, they �d have to get a full-time paid job here.

14 Oct 2010