Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Travelling Book    

Travelling Book

rosammd
Spain

Travelling Book

Hello! I �m thinking about creating a "travelling book" (translated from Spanish) with my students. Last year my niece did it in her kindergarten, she is 4. Each child took the book home for the weekend, and the parents wrote in it what they did during the weekend, put and drew pictures, etc. And on Monday the teacher read it aloud to the rest of students. Each week a different student, so that at the end of the school year they all had written on it.

I would like to do something similar with my students (they are 9). I have thought that they would write tales, jokes, funny/interesting anecdotes, riddles...Do you suggest anything else??? What do you think of it with 9-year-old students?

Thanks

17 Oct 2010      

miesies muis
Namibia

I think it will be great. A suggestion, limit the children to 2 pages each and they should be encouraged to write themselves. Parents are allowed to help, but not write. Choose topics like Halloween, spring, going to the fair, things that are happening at the time the time that they are taking the book home.

17 Oct 2010     

rosammd
Spain

Thanks for your suggestions!

Hugs from Spain

17 Oct 2010