Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > can you help me?    

can you help me?

mary-butterfly
Brazil

can you help me?

I have some doubt
can you help me?

in the text or on the text?

I have been doing research or I have done research about my ancestors?

"IN YOUR PUBLISHED REPORT OR RESEARCH" ?

"ATTACHED THERE IS A TEXT THAT YOU POST AND A TRACK RECORD OF MY ANCESTORS IN bRAZIL,THOSE WHO ARE MARKED IN YELLOW ARE MY DIRECT ANCESTORS" is it right?

I have to send it but I �m not sure if it is right.

thanks in advance

18 Oct 2010      

el_profe55
Argentina

both of them are correct in the text and on the text depends on the context.

the same happened with  I have been doing A research or I have done A research about my ancestor depends on the tense you want to use.

18 Oct 2010     

douglas
United States

-in the text (NOT on)
-been doing research or have done some research on my ancestors (NOT a research)
-in your published report (as near as I can tell without any context)

With the last sentence I �m not sure what you are trying to say, perhaps:

You may post the attached text and genealogical record <<or family tree>> of my ancestors in Brazil.   Those persons that are marked in yellow are my direct ancestors.

Douglas

18 Oct 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Mary-Butterfly

Sometimes on the text is ok but as usual it depends on context. 

For example, someone who �s been working on a document might say:
"I�ve been working on the text" but
"I�ve been looking at the text"
"I�ve been making changes to the text" 
"I�m going to include this in the text"
"Can you run your eyes over the text"

It all depends on context and the collocations of the words or lexical phrases that you want to use.

Cheers

Jayho

Arguments over grammar and style are often as fierce as those over IBM versus Mac, and as fruitless as Coke versus Pepsi and boxers versus briefs. Jack Lynch

18 Oct 2010     

sictireala8
Romania

can you help me too? I found this at templates:

"If you use this template to make your own worksheets, don �t forget to acknowledge the source!"

how are we supposed to acknowledge the source? I am a relative new user and I don �t know how to do that,step by step.i want to use some templates.thanks in advance for the answer.

18 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Just mention the creator �s name in the ws description and it �ll be OK.

BTW I realized many members use the templates and don �t even bother to ask / contact / mention the creator �s name. It �s OK for me although others may disagree and don �t upload more templates. Our willing to share and help sometimes is directly related to the others � gratitude. (Not for all members, but it may be the truth for some.)

In fact the only thing that disturbs me is when a member uses one of the layouts I shared here to insert a copy from somewhere.

Have a nice day!

18 Oct 2010