Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Fonts    

Fonts

zailda
Brazil

Fonts

I �ve read on the forum that Victor has added some fonts to the site (Snap ITC, for instance) but I prepared some exercises with a pretty common font and got my ws distorted after uploading. I had to change for another and another, updating the ws several times till I used an available font.

I �d like to ask if someone knows a way we can have a list of the fonts available in the site before preparing a ws to avoid this kind of mess. I �ve already searched the discussion on the forum but wasn �t able to find it.

Thanks in advance!

19 Oct 2010      

s.lefevre
Brazil

When I want to use a different font, I use wordart and safe it as a picture. Of course, I do it only with my titles. I think that sometimes the nicest fonts are very difficult for children to understand and I prefer to write the texts in Arial. What do you think? We could all prepare the worksheets in a simple font and if a teacher wants to change it in an other one, it is quite simple to do it. I �ve done it many times.

19 Oct 2010     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Zailda

Hope you �re doing well. Am not sure if this is the thread you were looking for.
have a nice day.

19 Oct 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Zailda. A way to maintain your font would be to save it as a picture. The big drawback is that it would no longer be editable. Another solution might be to send the font to the people that dnload the ws which would be a paain. Or is there the possiblity of there being a place on this forum where we could dnload fonts?

19 Oct 2010     

cristinasuma
Spain

I agree that it would be very useful to know in advance what fonts we can or can �t include. It would be nice (I hope it �s not  too troublesome) for Victor to write a list so that we can check.

19 Oct 2010