Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Pre-K Books Suggestion    

Pre-K Books Suggestion

superbabuskina
Italy

Pre-K Books Suggestion

Hi everybody!
this is actually the first time I use the forum--so I hope it �s ok to ask a private question.
Anyways, I �ll be teaching 3-4 year-old children soon. In the past I used the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do You See? and I found it very useful. Do you know any other books that are similar, even by other authors? What activities would you suggest?
Thanks for your advice. I �m glad to be a part of this is great team!

20 Oct 2010      

caracola90
Spain

Hello!!

I have used the book English Adventures by Longman-Pearson (level starter A and starter B). It is based on Disney pictures and it has got a lot of songs and activities, I find it very useful for little children.

Hope it �s useful for you!!

Take care...

20 Oct 2010     

izulia
China

Any nice story with repetitive pattern will do a trick. It �s always nice when children can join in with the reading. Here are just a few that I used and kids really enjoyed them:

Dear Zoo

Walking Through the Jungle, What Do I see?

Knock-Knock, Who is There?

Mommy �s Little Monkey!

You probably know this without me reminding you, but well-known fairy tales always work really well too. My favourite: 3 Billy Goat Gruffs, The Ugly Duckling, Goldilocks and 3 Bears, Gingerbreadman

Also nursery rhymes and counting down rhymes: 5 Little Monkeys, Speckled Frogs, There Were 10 in the Bed, etc.

For the 3-4 year olds I would suggest to use action rhymes and songs.

Hope this was of help
Good luck
Zulia

20 Oct 2010