Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Reporting old repeated worksheets    

Reporting old repeated worksheets

victor
Spain

Reporting old repeated worksheets

Hello,

I �ve been asked why repeated worksheets can �t be reported when they are old contributions.
Sometimes worksheets are repeated because of a system glitch, not because the user uploaded it twice.
Anyway, in the cases when the date of both worksheets is different, it �s not a system glitch, obviously, therefore I see no reason for not reporting them.

In conclusion: it will be possible to report repeated worksheets (the same worksheet uploaded by the same user on different dates), even if they are old ones.

I hope you agree with this change.

Victor

20 Oct 2010      

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

I hope you �re having a wonderful day, because mine has begun brighter after a rough evening.
Thanks so much for answering my doubt and my pm, Victor. I think we are a community with the most generous ruler, who is always perfecting our system.

You have proved to me that any member can be a part of the process and help improve what we have by questioning the rules and making suggestions, if done with that intention. No matter how much buttchewing we might get from others.

After being told that I wanted to go against your rules by asking about the matter (once, twice, as many times as I �d need to get to this answer right here), I have to say that I feel great you were able to clarify that for us, and was able to update the system at the blink of an eye.

I �m guessing it was not crystal clear after all.
And I just gotta say that it feels great to be a part of this small change after what I �ve been through for raising that matter.

Thanks for everything, Victor.

Smile

20 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Thanks Victor!

Now that you have changed the rule allowing us to report old wss if they are repeated with different dates in order to improve the system, it�s even clearer that they weren�t to be reported yesterday.

Have a nice day you all!

20 Oct 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Victor �s answer to me:

"You are right. There is no harm in reporting repeated worksheets when the date is different. In that case it �s not a system glitch, obviously.
"

It �s a priviledge of the wise admitting when they were wrong and apologizing.

20 Oct 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Zailda  Clap

And thanks Victor for letting us know. There were people reporting old repeated wss even thought it was not allowed so at least we will have the opportunity now.

20 Oct 2010     

danielgodoy
Argentina

I think if you erase your own sheet and then you want to publish it again, it should be taking into consideration because you lose your points. people could repor it but you shouldn �t avoid it.  

20 Oct 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I �m guessing what you guys couldn �t understand was that Victor had overlooked the fact, and that �s why people were reporting under other options, but not against his will.

As you may notice, even though there was no check option, he had never said they were meant to stay,  that �s why he created the tool now and so promptly.

And even so, some members feel free to say he wanted them to stay till this day.

I felt very bad (I guess you could say "bad") about being accused of willingly trying to go against the administrator �s will because of a simple question I asked, and accused of being on a "campaign against old worksheets".

So, I �m asking at least some respect for having been insulted, and also my fellow teachers and members � understanding for sticking up for myself.

20 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I had reported old repeated wss every now and then before, however, I didn �t feel very comfortable about that, because - strictly spoken - it was against the rules! Thanks to Victor there �s a clear rule now.

20 Oct 2010