Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Average European salaries    

Average European salaries

bienke
Belgium

The salaries in Belgium seem too high as well!

21 Oct 2010     

miesies muis
Namibia

I agree with elderberrywine! 
If I  have to compare my salary with you, I will get about 700 Euro �s after taxes and deductions. 
Cost of living and other factors influence everything. I know that teacher who are teaching at private school, are paid more, but they have to pay much more for medical aid and pension funds, while teachers who teach at Government schools and institutions pay the minimum for theses services.

21 Oct 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

We �ve had these discussions several times.
It �s essential to compare the cost of living which differs tremendously even within Europe.

But nevertheless, even when taking the cost of living into account, in some countries teachers earn much much less than in others.
Many colleagues from Eastern Europe say that they can �t live on a teacher �s salary and have to depend on their spouses or extra jobs.
I always admire their dedication and their motivation very much
In my country one can live very comfortably on a teacher �s salary
Nevertheless many teachers here are far from motivated and never stop complaining about their jobs. Sometimes I feel like telling them what we hear from Latvia, from Serbia, from South America..
Life isn �t fair.

21 Oct 2010     

danagrad
Romania

I earn 200 euros/month. (I �m qualified + 6 years experience  as an English teacher)

Teachers �salaries have been recently reduced in our country (25%)

21 Oct 2010     

donapeter
Romania

elderberyywine:
Yes there are some differences BUT....a car , Mitsubishi, for example, costs 20 000 euros in Germany and in Romania too. A house ( my in laws for example- not a rich family -a doctor and an engineer, so you can imagine) is about 200 000 euros. I bet you have  much the same costs. A holiday in ... Turkey .....is the same for all of us as...... Turkey makes the price. So.....even if the bread is 1 euro cheaper, the other ones, not luxury, are quite the same. this si teh difference: you can afford and we can �t. And for all of YI a bread here is almost 1 euro, we have the most expensive gas/patrol in Europe and ( 1,20 euro or more) and "the most expensive for nothing" sea resorts ( no conditions but the price is soooo bigggg).

21 Oct 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone for your input. It �s been an eye opener! Elderberrywine, you �re completely right about you have to take into account the cost of living to gauge the real value of a salary.

26 Oct 2010     

< Previous   1    2