Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just wondering...    

Just wondering...

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Just wondering...

... why people ask for help in the forum and then never give you any feedback?
This holds me wondering whether they really needed help or perhaps smth else (not sure what) or they are just beeing impolite.
SophiaConfused

21 Oct 2010      

lovemykids
Uruguay

You are definitely right Sophia. It happens quite often and I don �t know the reason. However, the majority of the members here are so grateful, helpful and polite.... We are all different and I accept that.
I �m proud to belong to this wonderful community!  

21 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Sophia,

I cannot count the times I �ve sent some materials to other users by email, and the recipients have never thanked me for doing so... That �s just the way it is I �m afraid. However, there are still a few members who thanked me a thousand times - these are the people who motivate me to continue with giving away my work and knowledge for free!! Wink

Have a good night - Silke

22 Oct 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

lovemykids and Silke:Thanks for a swift response and for being so encouraging. I guess you �re right that �s rather an exception than a rule that people never get back to you. 
It �s time to go to bed nowSmile
Sophia

22 Oct 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Sophia

I have been reading your posts for quite a good time, though not necessarily answering. When we don �t have an answer, the best is to keep one �s mouth shut.

You are sssooooooooooo right.....
What can I say?  we are what we are, we are all and many and different.
We come from so many different cultures, we are different.
However, even if  I may have learned this, I must say it �s realy hard for me to accept. I was educated in a culture where I was taught to say THANK YOu and PLEASE.

Now, what ? people don �t use it, NEVER, NEVER MORE?

I don �t know,
But a "Thank you" or a " Please" is such a nice thing to be said. Even when they ( my ss ) sneeze and I say " God bless you ", they know they MUST say " Thank you, teacher"

So, Sophia, let them sneeze, let us keep on saying "Thank you ", may be, somewhere, sometime, somehow... we can cross our ways of being polite.

We are different, so, many of us don �t have the same politness rules. It doesn �t mean they are not polite  ( well, in some cases, tjhey aren �t , for sure -LOL )

If we all try, I hope, some day, we all may achieve.

You are so right, dear,sometimes, it �s difficult, some people want to put on us a suit that doesn �t suit us.

Hugs, Sophia

I enjoyed this first post between us

Linda

22 Oct 2010