Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Really busy... can you help me?    

Really busy... can you help me?

zailda
Brazil

Really busy... can you help me?

Hi!

I�d like to thank the members who helped me (and my ss) the most this semester. When I download a ws  I save it as (for example): �Personal Pronouns by ______� so I don�t lose track of the member whose ws I used in class and when presenting it to my students, I always say: �Today we�re going to use a ws made by _____ from _____�

My intermediate and elementary students have been curious about all those teachers and they usually ask for more information about them. Unfortunately I rarely have enough.

As the end of the school semester is just around the corner (the finals will be in early December) I thought about preparing a ws for my intermediate students, using the members info they always ask about.

Of course I could use the PM feature for that, but it would be too many effort to explain everything for each one, so I decided to use the forum. Hope it won�t be a disturbing message for the members. I also would like some ideas on how prepare this worksheet (maybe with comprehension questions? a game? what kind of game? etc�)

The members whose worksheets I used the most this semester are: Moravc, Manonski, Lina Ladybird (boardgames), Katiana (pictionaries) , Liz Santiago (PPT games), Anitarobi, David Lisgo, Mena, Coiote.chus (recently found his/hers) and Evelina Maria (mainly with my beginners).

Since I teach 6 classes this semester I used wss by other members as well, but I decided to start this semester with 10 teachers split into two worksheets.

Please, send me a PM for more details, I�m really busy correcting homework and preparing wss for next week, but I�ll answer ASAP. The info I need is:

your country / city

gender and married status (children?)

hobbies, likes and dislikes, etc.

when you started teaching and what you think of our profession

Some of the info I already know, but I�m afraid of giving incorrect information about the teachers my students talk about as if they lived in the city next to us.

For the others whose name I didn�t mentioned, a big THANK YOU, you made my students� learning faster / more pleasant and my life easier.

Hope to hear from you soon!

22 Oct 2010      

David Lisgo
Japan

That should be coyote.chus

22 Oct 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

zailda what a great idea!  when i use one of the ws from here i tell them who made it but never thought of that. i ahve used most of the same people you mention so if you gather that info and dont mind sharing it with me please let me know.  ill be sending you my info.

22 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

@David, you �re right: coyote.chus - sorry! (too busy in fact).

@liz, thanks for the info and I �ll contact you to exchange some ideas.

Now I �m exhausted - off to bed!

Have a nice day / evening!

22 Oct 2010     

mena22
Portugal

That �s a great idea dear Zailda. I �ve sent you a pm.

Hugs,

22 Oct 2010     

Renoa
Saudi Arabia

very nice :)
when it will be my turn ^^

22 Oct 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Hi, Renoa!

I didn �t know your work (too many members here to get to know each one �s...), but I dug through your wss and find one that I can use this semester, the next lesson for my high intermediate is about environment, so it �ll fit perfectly.

Thanks a lot!

22 Oct 2010