Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Need a Counter    

Need a Counter

edrodmedina
United States

Need a Counter

Some days ago someone mentioned that there are counters that can be used when making PPTs. What exactly does the counter do? Can it be used to count the number of clicks a viewer makes? If so wher can I get one? Any help would be appreciated. Ed

22 Oct 2010      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Ed

Not sure what you are referrring.

I have a counter ( pleeaase, don �t ask me where, no idea ) I have a kind of clock, can be used with powerpoints, you set it to count and , when it finishes, well, game over.

If, by any chance, you are speaking about such a Censored device, and you really want it LOL  let me know, I �ll try to find that ldslkdgdg in my disk, ok?

If, and only if , I DIDN �T UNDERSTAND A WORD OF WHAT YOU WERE SAYING, well, try to understand, it �s 5 past 0ne, am, didn �t sleep well last night, worked hard the whole, didn �t eat much, had a few drinks, have a cat a dog, both crazy, am a little old, should be retired by now,
sssooooooo, I �m doing my best.
Now, seriously, Ed, if you need  it, let me know, I �ll do my best to find that thing in this haunted laptop, ok?
Hugs
Linda

22 Oct 2010     

Lindax
Ukraine

Did you have in mind one of these?

http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00081.htm

http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00817.htm

Have a reat day!

22 Oct 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Thank you both Lindas but that �s not what I �m lookinmg for. I �m not even sure what I want exists. I �m trying to make a game where after a number of tries (clicks) the game is over.

22 Oct 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

I think I have seen it somewhere...
I will try to find the ppt. If I succeed, I will send you PM.

22 Oct 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Thanks morovac.. I appreciate your effort.

22 Oct 2010     

foreverjinxed
South Africa

I believe I mentioned �counter � in one of your recent posts. What I meant by counter, was, a �game piece � - something that you use to keep track of where a player lands when playing, say, a board game. I was referring to a �drag and drop � Macro counter that could be used on a PPT board game on an interactive whiteboard in class. I don �t think it �s what you �re looking for! It �s hard to understand what you �re looking for...could it not be done with animation triggers? I only know of some PPT �tools � similar to the ones mentioned in the link that Lindax posted. Sorry I �m unable to help unless you elaborate a bit more. good luck!

22 Oct 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Jinxed.. Just got into work here... I �ve tried w/animation and can �t seem to get what I want. What I want is something (if it exists) that will count the number of clicks that a person makes . After say ten tries, then there would be a message of some sort. Maybe I �m barking up the wrong tree here.

22 Oct 2010