Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Halloween Activity with a witch ´ hat    

Halloween Activity with a witch ´ hat

carinita
Argentina

Halloween Activity with a witch ´ hat

HI!! I �m planning to celebrate Halloween in the classroom I �m going to wear a witch � hat Tongue while a I tell a story or while students listen to a song But I �m trying to think of an activity/game that involves the hat and nothing comes to my mind Can you help me?

P.S It shouldn �t take a long time

22 Oct 2010      

edrodmedina
United States

Something off the top of my head is a game like pin the tail on the donkey..but put the hat on the witch instead.

22 Oct 2010     

rocio88
Argentina

you could play a game were they have to pick out vocabulary relating to Halloween from your hat. Encourage kids to develop a scary Halloween story using the words. Words can be rearranged to create a story and finally encourage the kidsto share their scary story when done. You could pair them up in groups of five maybe so they can act the story to their classmates.

kisses!!! I hope you have fun

ps sooo envious you can celebrate halloween I can�t =(

22 Oct 2010     

valfairyrose
Uruguay

Maybe you can work with writing and ask them to write a short poem about a witch or wizard.  Then ask them to put the hat on and share the poem to the rest of the class acting as a witch or wizard.

I don �t know how old are they, the level or the topic, if the topic is halloween provide the vocabulary and that �s it.

Or put a chair in the front/middle of the room and say a definition of a word, in groups they must discuss the answer and run to the chair, when he/she is sitting on the chair put on the hat and he/she have to say the word.

Val

22 Oct 2010     

carinita
Argentina

Good idea edrod! Perhaps, I could also make a variation of Simon says The game would be "The wicked witch/ wizard  says"
Thanks to Roc�o and Val I could use those ideas later or with other courses Now the level of the students is really basic

22 Oct 2010