Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Screenplay/movie trailer    

Screenplay/movie trailer

blunderbuster
Germany

Screenplay/movie trailer

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone of you might have had students make a short screenplay and/or short video like a movie trailer? I am thinking about letting them make one about a book we are reading. If you have any experiences, ideas or materials regarding this topic, please share them with me. Thank you.

Kind regards
Regina

22 Oct 2010      

arlissa
United States

I don �t have any experience with that, as my students don �t have access to videocams, etc. However, I think it sounds like a wonderful idea! I hope you do it.

22 Oct 2010     

abba
Spain

Last year I asked the students of one of my groups to record a film. They had to perform a 21st Century version of St George �s legend, who is the patron saint of my area. It was a homework activity, I gave them a month to do it. We didn �t work it in class, they had to do it in groups of 4-6 students. They told me they had enjoyed it a lot, they went to the castle of the village to record some scenes, they made their own costumes and their own decorations. The result was great. I think it is a very good activity because evryone can participate. The good students make the dialogues and the others can help with the decorations, and then they also have a role, they have very short sentences to learn or for example one of the less able student was the dragon. The videos were great, they were very funny and when we watched them in class we all had a very nice time and laugh a lot, there even were outtakes.
I hope it helps.

22 Oct 2010