Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > on strike, shall I ????    

on strike, shall I ????

el_profe55
Argentina

on strike, shall I ????

hello!

what do you think about teachers on strick? is it right? 

I have my doubs and I would like to hear your  for and against about it.

thx in advance for your comments

23 Oct 2010      

carinita
Argentina

hello, again
if there are any people affected by strike those are the STUDENTS Especially, if strike means no teachers working as it happens in Argentina
there are other ways of going on strike
I�m not clearly defined pro or against it but that�s my opinion

23 Oct 2010     

Laly59
Spain

I�m not agree about strike, a thing is to maintain discipline and other is physical abuse. Ok?

23 Oct 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

which are the other ways? I mean, if we have a government don �t hear any kind opinion till people go on strike,,,

apart of that, isn �t it a good message teach our students to fight for their right!? don �t you think that is there a possiblity that those people are fighting for a better education and values for them?

23 Oct 2010     

svponce
Argentina

This has nothing to do neither with discipline nor with physical abuse...u got it wrong Laly59!
Besides, as we are working in the same place, I guess I can have the same thoughts of yours El Profe 55! U know I work in Moreno, where do you work?? coz here in Moreno, we have a lot of needs as u may know, and I don �t work in the city centre, I work in the worst schools ever in my life, but I think its the place where I belong coz I feel I �m helpful though it �s always cruel and unfair for the students as well as for us the teachers, that �s the reason why WE GO ON STRIKE, I understand students feel affected by strikes, but can  I do if the schools where I work are CLOSE on STRIKE days??anything...

23 Oct 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

what do you mean about discipline and physical abuse??? strike : stop working as protest against something or someone.

23 Oct 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

i teach in the south of Argentina... in a town called Caleta Olivia, in Santa Cruz

23 Oct 2010     

carinita
Argentina

svponce: it �s like a fight against wind mills. you go to school and students are not there because they know there �s a strike. here in Paran� situation varies according to the institution you �re working in. el profe, you should talk with other collegues or staff at the school

23 Oct 2010     

Laly59
Spain

Sorry I have undertood strike like fight but I see it is on strike stop working, sorry again. It�s very difficult to be agree or not, it depends of circunstances.

23 Oct 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

THX ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS

25 Oct 2010