Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Hello friends,please help me    

Hello friends,please help me

mahaenglish
Egypt

Hello friends,please help me

On Monday,I have a reading class . I teach grade one. They are just only from7: 8 years old. We will read alot of short stories to let them practice the skill of reading. I don �t want the class to be boring.Please who can tell me any new ideas to let the class be interesting.I want to attract the attention of these young children.

Thank you all for caring.
                                                      Smile   

23 Oct 2010      

perma
Greece

Choose something that has at least one scene that your students can role-play in front of their classmates! A funny scene would be better.  
You shouldn �t ask them to learn the words by heart, but rather encourage them to use their own words, no matter if they make mistakes. If they can �t do that give them a very simple version of the dialogue, read it with all the class before the role-play and let them hold it and look at it while playing. 

23 Oct 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Hi,

You can use workshhets and ask them to work in group and make competition between groups.

23 Oct 2010     

silvia.patti
Italy

You can ask them to paint the scene they prefer or to paint three or four scenes to represent the whole story

23 Oct 2010     

mahaenglish
Egypt

THANK YOU FOR SENDING AND CARING.Wish you all good luck

23 Oct 2010     

aloga
Spain

Try to cut down the story into pieces / paragraphs and tell your students to arrange it logically after reading the pieces / paragrahs aloud.
Good luck and weekend!

23 Oct 2010