Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Are you sure?    

Are you sure?

Animagus
Portugal

Are you sure?

Thank for your explanation. (tech teacher; PhilipR and Redbull)

But just to be positive sure about the word that I want...
When I was talking about financial services I didn �t mean in a company, but a person who works in the public service where you pay your taxes.

Can I call it financial adviser or financial officer as you said? Cause I think those are not the job that I am searching for.

I �ve searched in Wikipedia, Dictionaries and I couldn �t find the specific word for that.
Help me please!

24 Oct 2010      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

May be you �re looking for auditor or revenue officer?
Sophia

24 Oct 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Could it be you mean budget counselor?

24 Oct 2010     

Animagus
Portugal

Well, you have social security employees, where you have to pay for health services (doctors, hospital, medicines), right?

At least here in Portugal is like that our social security system.

...and you have those people who work in the finance service, where you pay your taxes according to your goods, your salary, your properties...

So, what is the right word for those who work there?

24 Oct 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I told you auditor or revenue officer. If you still don �t believe then look up these two in the dictionary.
Sophia

24 Oct 2010     

Animagus
Portugal

Ok. I think revenue officer is my word. Is the person who is in charge of receiving your IRS tax, right?

Thank you so much.

Huuuff finally I �m done with this searching.

24 Oct 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I would say revenue officer, tax collector, and I have even heard a revenue officer being referred to as the tax man.

24 Oct 2010