Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I don īt know whart to wear in holloween    

I don īt know whart to wear in holloween

lilianrichard
Argentina

I don īt know whart to wear in holloween

Hi! Holloween is near, My institute is organizing a holloween party for kinder kids, they are from 3 to 6 years old. I don īt know what costume should i wear, I wanted an alien one but i can īt find it neitheir make it, here in my little town in the north of argentina is difficult to find a costume for adult people like me. I was thinking to dress up as a horrible witch as the old lady in snowwhite holding an apple, the mask i got is like that, but more horrible that the one in snowhite, i am not sure if it is ok to wear that costume with little children could you advice me please?????????
If you have nice holloween invitations for little cįhildren please could you share with me. Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 Oct 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

Since with small kids dressing up can be a sensitive issue (I am not even covering the topic with the smallest ones this year - too many complications due to some people not understanding the real point), you need to be careful not to firghten them. I always tell them that by wearing costumes and telling stories and rhymes we actually show everybody we are not afraid of monsters and bad things, but brave enough to face them. I once made myself a costume out of a simple white bedsheet - I was a ghost (I just put some baby powder on my face and messed up my hair and put some dark eyeshadow under my eyes). But the trick was that I used magic markers to draw up various Haloween stuff on the bed sheet - a jack-o �-lantern, a spider and a web, a black cat, a bat, a witch īs hat, a broom, a snake... so we got to revise various vocabulary just by commenting my costume. It was a huge hit,  I still have it and some of my students even enjoyed adding their own drawings to it. My son even wears it on Haloween sometimes.
As for invitations, check this:

Hope any of this helps!
Have a boooooo-riffic Halloween!

24 Oct 2010     

lilianrichard
Argentina

THANK YOU VERY MUCH THATīS A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS A LOT GOD BLESS. YOU REALLY  ANSWERED MY QUESTION IN A VERY FAST WAY THANKS A LOT HAVE A NICE DAY XXX

24 Oct 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

My favourite costume ever: I tied up green balloons on a big garbage bag with holes for my arms and head and dressed up as a bunch of grapes. Only drawback is you can īt sit (or go near a porcupine...).

24 Oct 2010     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

great ideas :) I usually wear a witch īs hat, that īs it. same problem here, lots of costumes for kids, not many for adults. In the avatar pic - that īs not me,
 but the witch īs costume is amazing and I wish I had the same one :)

24 Oct 2010     

tech_teacher
Bahamas

How about  as Cinderella īs fairy godmother. Something nice a pretty. Kids are sure so love that!!!

24 Oct 2010     

Aleredrock
Mexico

This year Im dressing up as a paper doll maybe you can wear it. You take 2 cardboards and you cut out the same dress in both, you paint it and decorate it anyway you want. Then you join them on the top with some ribbon. You make a huge bow with ribbon on the back. In your hair you can put a bow too. You do your make up as a doll and it should be fine.
If you dont like it, you can find great ideas here:
http://familycrafts.about.com/od/costumeideas/tp/fastcostume.htm good luck =)

24 Oct 2010     

lilianrichard
Argentina

Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas, thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 Oct 2010