Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas for a prize    

Ideas for a prize

lovinglondon
Spain

Ideas for a prize

Hi!!
I want to make a quiz in my secondary school for X-mas. I will hang the quiz on the school�s walls and the students would have to solve it. The problem is that I�m looking for a really motivating prize, that helps them to imply themselves in the quiz. I don�t want it to be expensive because i will pay with the Department�s money (and it is not much!! Unhappy ) Have you got any idea???
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

3 Dec 2008      

cheezels
New Zealand

One of the schools I worked for in London was in a really poor area. The school was practically falling apart and there was no money for anything. SO we wanted to have an end of term prize for the children who had received golden tickets throughout the term for good behaviour. (Every teacher would have some yellow squares in their pockets and if you saw a child playing nicely etc out side or doing the right thing being helpful etc they would get one, write their name on it and put it into the golden box for the end of term draw)

Now obviously we had to have something worthwhile as an end of term prize so we came up with the idea of going around a lot of businesses and asking if they would donate something for the end of term prize. We explained that it was to promote positive behaviour and it was once a term. The businesses were very supportive, one even giving a big CD player/speaker set. I don�t know where you live or what your community is like,in london(well out in the suburbs etc) there are loads of shops so if one said no we kept going around until someone said yes!
Also we offered free advertising for a few weeks in our school weekly newsletter, also mentioning them as a thank you for supporting the school and proving a prize. So they received some goodwill also.
Worth a try?

3 Dec 2008     

marija2m
Croatia

it really depends on what age group they are
you can make a sweet basket
that has sweets in it and maybe something like movie tickets for a cartoon for 2
you really need to know what kids are interested in these days to know what prize they want
and even that isn�t 100%
:)
good luck

3 Dec 2008     

lovinglondon
Spain

Hi thank you for your replies. The students are between 12 and 18. I will keep on thinking and bear in mind your suggestions!
Thank you again!

3 Dec 2008