Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WORD OF THE DAY - Winner of yesterday ´s word    

WORD OF THE DAY - Winner of yesterday ´s word

ELOJOLIE274
France

WORD OF THE DAY - Winner of yesterday ´s word

Here is the winner of yesterday ´s WOD:

agagug
Canada

Quixotic...

Yes... it looks a lot like Don Quixote... Therefore an adjective related to the famous Spanish character...

I can do it. It will be tough, but I must do it, it is in me, the world is counting on me, I must not fail, I will prevail, and you have to understand, it is of the most importance that you do, you have to understand, it is for the greater good of all of us striving for a perfect world in which student centered learning really touch and move students, in which teachers actually become one of the numerous tools students can use in order to push back the limits of their oh so (un)limited minds. We must achieve this as a whole. Students, you fellow teachers, and me your humble servant. Oh you true light, oh unbearable truth, enlighten us all... I can hear your doubts from here, I see them raising high like giants... Doubts must be crushed... Those mighty doubtful giants must perish, I must do it, we can do it... Charge!!! Behind those evil giants lies the truth! With me oh Sanchos of this world! With me, victory is at hand! With me! Sancho! Here is my pledge: the whole world will know the definition of quixotic!

and it will be my noble deed, my gift to the greatest mistress of all, my Dulcinée, Education.

Agagug

25 Oct 2010     

here ´s the real definition of the word:

quixotic [kwik-sot-ik]

Show Spell

𨩅djective
1. ( sometimes initial capital letter ) resembling or befitting Don Quixote.
2. extravagantly chivalrous or romantic; visionary, impractical, or impracticable.
3. impulsive and often rashly unpredictable.
ttp://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quixotic

congratulations to all of you for playing!!!

take care and keep the game alive!!!
Elodie

P.S.: i ´m sorry for not posting earlier but I had some internet issues last night and I didn ´t find a solution until this morning... grrr...

26 Oct 2010      

kprichorniana
Mexico

Right ON!!!!Thumbs Up   Give us the next one!!! come on baby ....bring it on!!!Clap

27 Oct 2010