Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What points would you discuss if u are given this question? It ´s urgent . I hope you all participate.    

What points would you discuss if u are given this question? It ´s urgent . I hope you all participate.

mourad1O
Morocco

What points would you discuss if u are given this question? It ´s urgent . I hope you all participate.

The world of education has changed greatly in the course of 20th   century. 
Would you summarize this evolution?

Write an essay.

Thanks for all who participated in discussing this topic. Now I want to tell you about the points I would opt for:

For me the topic is so vague that I can´t think of the main points that I need to cover in the essay.

For me, I would opt for the changes in language teaching and learning in the 20th century. That is, the behaviourist Appraoch, the Functional Approach, the communicative Approach, the competency-based Approach and finally the Standards-Based Approach. This is for me the great evolutions that have happened in the course of the 20 century. Of course in each approach you show the impact of these theories on education (teaching and learning) .Please tell me what do you think? is it ok? 

27 Oct 2010      

cauffeepot
Benin

Personally, I would discuss technology and how (I believe) it �s making us illiterate in the 21st century.

27 Oct 2010     

Gaday
Indonesia

sure, its better to talk about the technology and its andvantages, you can give as an example one school and explore it,.

27 Oct 2010     

MarianaC
Argentina

You can also refer to the changes in the methodology that is used in the classroom - not so grammatically focused as the grammar translation method but more functional, communicative, practical, taking the analysis of discourse into account. Good luck!

27 Oct 2010     

kprichorniana
Mexico

Well...I �d mention:

�         methodology for different intelligences (consult Gardner �s Theory) 

�         Pedagogic Competences: working by projects to make learning meaningful

�         ...I �d also mention that education now a days does not focus in knowledge but

skills--Emotional intelligence plays an important role in today �s education.

Good Luck!

Elida

27 Oct 2010     

libertybelle
United States

At my teacher �s college - we learned that children learn better by active participation.
Instead of seeing children as empty minds that needed filling up - now we give them tools to search and find information themselves.

Cooperative learning - pair work - projects - presentations are all new things that we didn �t have when I went to school back in the day.

27 Oct 2010     

mourad1O
Morocco

Thank you so much for help.
 For me the topic is so vague that I can �t think of the main points that I need to cover in the essay.

For I would opt for the changes in language teaching and learning. That is, the behaviourist Appraoch, the Functional Approach, the communicative Approach, the competency-based Approach and finally the Standards-Based Approach. This is for me the great evolutions that have happened in the course of the 20 century. Of course in each approach you show the impact of these theories on education (teaching and learning) .Please tell me what do you think? is it ok? 

27 Oct 2010