Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > How can I utilize the forum to capacity?    

How can I utilize the forum to capacity?

blunderbuster
Germany

How can I utilize the forum to capacity?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you could tell me how to make the most of this forum. There are wonderful posts, wonderful links, wonderful people willing to help. However, it seems to me that their efforts have a half-life that is all too short, ons some days new threads are started every ten minutes and useful threads get pushed off the front page quickly, go unnoticed by many.

How do you make sure you benefit from all the wisdom that is shared here? How do you keep track of discussions you participated in once the thread got pushed off the front page? Do you bookmark them? Do you not care about them?

Curious to find out.

Kind regards
Regina

28 Oct 2010      

juliag
Japan

Hi Regina,

If I �m interested in a topic I see before I go to classes, I �ll check it out in the "hot topics" section at the bottom of this page when I get back so I can see what people have written. I �ll also do that with any topic that I start, so that I can make sure to thank all the people who responded.

But there must be so many good posts I miss just because I don �t happen to be around to see them started.

If I �m interested in a particular topic or trying to find the answer to a particular question I �ll use the forum search function. It �s very useful sometimes.

Does that answer your question in a helpful way? I hope so!
Looking forward to reading the other answers too.
Good night from me
Julia

28 Oct 2010     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Regina, (and Julia).

I have the same problem as both of you.  I frequently use the �Search � facility to look for recent items, but, to do so, I must remember the Member �s name and the title of the Post.

I often lose items because they disappear from the Forum within an hour, (let us say).

If there is a Post which contains vital information, I Copy, Paste, and Print it.

I do this using the Control (Ctrl) key.

Ctrl. + A.  (This highlights All the page).

Ctrl. + C.  (This Copies the page).

Ctrl. + V   (This Very quickly pastes the page where you want).

Ctrl. + P   (This Prints the page, after you hit OK).

I hope that this helps,

Les

28 Oct 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

I really don �t understand this point.
When I arrive home LATE and miss the tv news.......... oh, God, .....???????

Such a terrible thing, my tv doesn �t have any backwards key, Censored , d....m Tv set i bought.

Well, this doesn �t happen here, in Esl, there are a few backwards possibilities, obviously, so, when I am in the mood to follow something, no problem, even a few days after, there they are... my eslnews, ready to be read.
WOW, How I love this site, and all these amazing and different possibilties of being on line with people from the other "upside down " part of the world.

Kiss, kiss
Linda

29 Oct 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Linda, how about living up to your own principles now and then. I thought you would leave me alone.

29 Oct 2010