Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How to change cassettes to mp3s    

How to change cassettes to mp3s

newuser07
Argentina

How to change cassettes to mp3s

Hi Dear Friends!

I would like to get some tips on how to transform cassettes into mp3s.
The thing is there is some material I need to use with students which is only available in cassettes. However, only mp3 /cd players are available in the classroom.

Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend!Smile

29 Oct 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

you could use audacity... but instead of recording what �s on the computer you record with a microphone... you need to play the cassette and be extra quiet while you �re recording... the quality might not be great but it �s worth a try...
i �ve uploaded a tutorial to use audacity...
have a nice day!
Elodie

29 Oct 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

What Elodie said...But if you have one of those male/male cables you can plug in the recorder directly to your comp and not worry about being quiet.

29 Oct 2010     

crisholm
Spain

Yes, you need a �jack � to connect your cassette player �s sound output to your computer �s input. It works. (but the quality....)

29 Oct 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

One of the participants in one of my business English courses has just done exactly that for me, because I haven�t got enough technical knowledge to do it on my own, either.

However, I haven �t had time to listen to that CD yet... I �ll let you know about the result asap, OK?

BTW, this student of mine told me yesterday that he can try to improve the recording if it doesn �t sound good. So there must be some special tricks! Wink I �ll ask him next week how he managed to convert the audio files on the cassette I had given him to an audio CD.

30 Oct 2010     

newuser07
Argentina

Thanks for your suggestions!!!

:) I�ll give them a try and look forward to Ladybird�s " tricks!!!!

30 Oct 2010