Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need help    

I need help

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

I need help

Hi,

What is this symbol called ??

I want clipart of it
Where can I found it??

Please provide me if you have clipart of this symbol

Thanks a lot in advance:)

30 Oct 2010      

elderberrywine
Germany

thumbs up
google "thumbs up clipart" and you �ll have lots

http://www.google.de/images?hl=de&source=imghp&q=thumbs+up+clipart&btnG=Bilder+suchen&gbv=2

30 Oct 2010     

missiky
Morocco

hello,
I think the symbol is called  thumbs up,
you can find the clipart in  the net, just look it up in google.
Hope my answer was helpful.
Ikram

30 Oct 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

30 Oct 2010     

Pretty3
Saudi Arabia

Great Helps

Thanks a lot.

30 Oct 2010     

Maria Isabel
Peru

Hi Pretty 3:
I call it �thumb up �...check for some free cliparts here: http://www.clker.com/search/thumb/1
Regards
Maria Isabel

30 Oct 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

It �s a "thumbs up" sign (although there �s usually only one thumb involved, I �ve never heard it referred to in the singular). As far as I know, it can be interpreted in so many different ways depending on where in the world you are. Where I come from, it tends to be quite positive. What �s its significance in Saudi Arabia?

30 Oct 2010     

SueThom
United States

In the US it �s a positive sign. It �s usually used to indicate approval and/or encouragement, such as:
"Well done!"
"Hey, nice work--keep it up!"
"Way to go!"

It �s sometimes used as a gesture of liking/disliking something. In response to a question like "How was the movie?" (or the restaurant, food, party, etc.) a thumbs up indicates you liked it, would recommend it, etc. and the same gesture with the thumb pointing down indicates you didn �t like it, it �s not worth your friend �s time or money to do, and so on.

But I, too, am curious as to its meaning in other cultures.

30 Oct 2010     

kodora
Greece

Hi SueThom, check this:http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Thumbs-Up-Hand-Gesture-Around-the-World---Learn-the-Meaning-of-Hand-Gestures&id=1640172
Dora

30 Oct 2010     

SueThom
United States

Thanks, Dora!

Apparently in some countries it �s "an obscene gesture", so I just have to use my imagination to figure out what that means  Ermm  ...or maybe not.  I �ll just try to remember not to use it if I ever go to those countries, I guess.

30 Oct 2010     

sulekra
Australia

Also a useful gesture for hitchhiking a.k.a. thumbing a ride;D

31 Oct 2010     

1    2    Next >