Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > FOOD    

FOOD

cristinacarre
Spain

FOOD

Hello, I am looking for some ideas and games to do with food.

I have a group of 20 students and we have  been learning about healthy food. with some of yours contributions thank you. Now we want to do some game. Can you help me.
Which game I can use. What else I can do with food.
At the end we will do cookies with the oven.
thank you.

1 Nov 2010      

arielmlee
Malaysia

I love to teach food with my students. Last time I did a ppt about food around the world. I also taught them about adj to describe food. I just uploaded the ws today (wht a coincidence_) maybe you can look for it under new contribution tomorrow.

Last summer I taught my students about ingredients and measurements & food . (*I had about 20 students too...it was a summer course) First I asked them to watch Ratatouille for homework *(I will ask them some questions based on the movie) Then I broke them into 4 groups (5 per team). I gave them a recipe and some ingredients on four tables. They have to only speak English because I will deduct points. They also have to keep clean, and I will be a food critic (just like the movie) and try their cooking. They loved the class. Usually I will ask them to bake brownies (** because u can use a microwave to bake it..plus it is extremely easy) most of my students do not have an oven...but a microwave is a common appliance at home.

Anyway I hope you will have a blast with your class.

1 Nov 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

http://www.eslhq.com/worksheets/preview_worksheet.php?worksheet_id=12566

the second one is by a very helpful member here, Dedicatedteacher ... BTW, I haven �t seen her around here lately ... has anyone ?

1 Nov 2010     

stessenspaola
Argentina

1. Well what you can do is to divide the class in sveral groups (may be of 4 SS). Then tell them that they are going to design some questions or true/false statements about intermational food, etc in order to test their classmates knowledge. Once they �ve finshed, ask them to form a circle. Then, ask each group (A) to ask a question to another group (b). If group (b) answers it correctly they �ll get a score. Then group asks a question to group (c) and so on.

2. You can also ask them to   survey their classmates healthy/unhealthy habits and then present by using graphs.

3. Tell the SS that they are going to be chefs for one day. Thy have to create their own sandwich/pizza in an original way. Then they have to present them to the class, including its title. Then ask the class to help you to label the sandwiches: Eg. the most colourful/tropical, etc sandwich.

1 Nov 2010     

cortneyfields
United States

I �m not sure exactly what you are looking for, but you could have your students create a menu like they would find at a restraunt and then maybe prepare one dish if you want them to actually cook. 

1 Nov 2010