Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Christmas songs    

Christmas songs

Patricia Elvira
Perú

Christmas songs

I need some christmas songs for teaching my students .I �ve found some but they are too old maybe you know some songs that are more happier.

1 Nov 2010      

mariannina
Italy

Hi! How old are your students?

1 Nov 2010     

mariaolimpia
Portugal

Have a look at

...  it may be what you �re looking for.

1 Nov 2010     

libertybelle
United States

How can good Christmas songs be too old?
And old songs are not necessarily sad.
As a music teacher - I know that many of the oldies are the ones played over and over again - and not many new Christmas songs have lasting power at all.

1 Nov 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Patricia

I have to say I fully agree with LB.
Old Xmas carols are the ones who take us back to our happy times, when we were so sure there was a Santa, preparing his sleigh, shouting for Vixen and Prancer and our most wonderful, our  dearest Rudolph, old carols are the ones who can tie generations.

Give them a try, they are full of xmas feelings, poetry, happiness, world �s imaginery is all there, for all of us who celebrate this season.

Hope you can find what you need
Linda

1 Nov 2010     

almaz
United Kingdom

It �s strange how meanings change over the centuries. �Carolling� in the Middle Ages used to refer to the dance and, more often than not, was bawdy and licentious.

Oh, and I don �t think there �s any reason whatsoever to believe that Bing Crosby�s version of "Santa Claus is coming to town" is intrinsically any better than Bruce Springsteen�s/Iggy Pop�s/Lady Gaga�s. Older doesn�t necessarily mean better, but then again, nostalgia is a powerful judge.

2 Nov 2010     

missgvsyou
Iran

I find that students really respond to a recognizable tune. I suggest you find out if there are any songs that are in both English and in their language and teach them those.

2 Nov 2010     

arielmlee
Malaysia

Try jingle bell rock. The tune is catchy.

2 Nov 2010     

Vickiii
New Zealand

My favourite which has a story behind it about the soldiers calling a truce at christmas-
Snoopy �s Christmas

I agree with Jingle Bell rock - It rocks!!!

Rudolf the Red Nose Reindee
r is always a hit with kids. 

Jingle Bells is of course the classic hit for kids. They love it - and they can change the lyrics so easily ie Jingle bells, batman smells, robyn ran away.  Very easy.

Hope this helps.

2 Nov 2010