Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help with a song....    

I need your help with a song....

paugyg
Argentina

I need your help with a song....

Hi everyone!! I �m designing a test for my teaching practice and I have to include a listening activity. I �ve been searching for a song that suits the topics I �ve dealt with, but I haven �t had any luck so far. So, if anyone knows any songs or listenings I could find easily on the web, please be so kind as to tell me!

The main topic of the unit was MONEY.
I dealt with: money verbs (win, earn, save, spend, collect, lose, borrow, lend, make, need)
vocabulary related to shopping and banking (bank account, cash, cheque book, credit card, discount, guarantee, loan, price, savings account, special offer)
words and expressions of quantity for countable and uncountable nouns (some, any, no, a few, a little, much, many, a lot of)
Any song or listening that includes any of these topics will work for me!!
Thanks in advance!!

2 Nov 2010      

kprichorniana
Mexico

I came across this activity for my conversation class and we had loads of fun...There is some vocabulary for banking...This is probably not the help you wanted, but I wanted to share it with you just the same.  Have fun...

Elida

2 Nov 2010     

kprichorniana
Mexico

and about the songs...I can only think of... "If I were a rich girl" from Gwen Stephanie, but here is a site you might find useful...

2 Nov 2010     

jwld
Israel

Two songs that lend themselves naturally to your topic are "Money" by pink floyd and "Money, Money, Money" by abba. How old are the students ?
 Good luck!

2 Nov 2010     

mcamca
Austria

I �ve already used several times "Ka-ching" sung by Shania Twain - I don �t know how old your students are, but up to 14 they �ve always liked it.
Hope this helps!Smile

2 Nov 2010     

Begogzp
Mexico

Hello
   Well I have a song name Money money money by abba is good for students and you can download it from the internet I use Limewire there you can download it or if you want I can send the song and the lyric to your mail.
   Thanks
  Bego�a

2 Nov 2010     

brookee
United States

I created this WS:

Money, That�s What I Want by Barrett Strong

~~Brooke

2 Nov 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

This song is a hit here..I don �t know if it has the structures and vocab. u want.

2 Nov 2010     

Jesiwin
Argentina

have you tried with "If I had a million dollar"???

2 Nov 2010     

paugyg
Argentina

Thanks so much for all of your answers!!! I was so happy to see there are so many of you ready to help!!! I �ll check every option you just gave me and then I �ll tell you what I came up with!
P.S.: I already worked with a song called "For the love of money" and also "Rockstar".

T H A N K S!!!
Paula Thumbs Up

3 Nov 2010