Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Instead of "good luck" what can I write ar say to my students?    

Instead of "good luck" what can I write ar say to my students?

Nizarsouth
Tunisia

Instead of "good luck" what can I write ar say to my students?

Hi dear colleagues! I want to wish something for my students at the end of each test.
Are there any other expressions apart from "good luck"? (because I don �t like this one.) Can I say "good work" for example?      thanks for your help.

3 Nov 2010      

douglas
United States

"Well done!"  (if you are adding the text after grading it.)

otherwise "good luck on the test" or "good luck" is pretty common

3 Nov 2010     

sonita75
Portugal

I usually use "Good Work" or "Good luck on the test"

3 Nov 2010     

yanogator
United States

As Douglas said, "well done" or "good work" is what you would write on the test after you grade it.

You would write "good luck" only before they have taken the test, never after it is graded. An alternative might be "Do your best" or "I hope you do well".

Bruce

3 Nov 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

People are t otally right about their comments, another way after the exam that I like to use is: I am proud of you. Try to do what yanogator said.

3 Nov 2010     

yanogator
United States

I think Flora1 meant to say, "I am proud of you".

Bruce

3 Nov 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Good luck is something you would write before they take a test or do an assignment, not after. If you don �t like "good luck" you could write; Success

3 Nov 2010     

Errie
Japan

Before they make a test I use good luck, bring it on, go for it, I know you can get it done.
After they �ve finished the test something like, well done, great work, outstanding, perfect, excellent work, super job

3 Nov 2010     

noussaangel
Tunisia

Hi :) Here are my suggestions: "Keep smiling"/ "Good job"/ "Enjoy your test"

Hope they please you friend :)

3 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

hi!
what do you think about 

break a leg
fingers crossed
?

sometimes I use "good luck" but in different languages and they really like that because they start guessing about which language is

e.g.

bonne chance (French)
sterkte (Afrikaan)
buena suerte (Spanish)

hope it helps!

3 Nov 2010     

Nizarsouth
Tunisia

Thank you so much.

3 Nov 2010     

1    2    Next >