Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Need a book for teaching Business English    

Need a book for teaching Business English

11Alex11
Germany

Need a book for teaching Business English

Hey everyone,

At the moment, I have a student who would like to improve her Business English skills (beginner to intermediate).

For this reason, I am looking for a coursebook which is oriented towards improving those skills, but especially speaking in a business context. Furthermore, it should also include several vocabulary (orders, complaints, ...) and a few grammar exercises.

It would be great if this book can also be bought with a CD and maybe even further additional materials (if these materials need to be bought separately that would be fine).

Does anyone know suitable books? Price is not that important. What matters more is that there is a wide variety of exercises and speaking is the most important (or at least very important) aspect. It should not include mere translation exercises or only business letters.

It would appreciate it if you could help me. Any other sources (websites) are also welcome.

Thanks a lot for your help ;-).

4 Nov 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

I have taught 6,500 hours � worth with this series.

4 Nov 2010     

xinalisa
Switzerland

Hi Alex

I like the Business Result Series:

http://elt.oup.com/catalogue/items/global/business_esp/business_result/?cc=global&selLanguage=en

It has a very practical orientation.

4 Nov 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

@blunderbuster

I have also tried "In Company" and I hate that series... Wink Too fast-paced for many of my ss!!

I �m probably not the only one whose ss have had some problems while using those course books. There must be good reasons why they have already published a successor!

Ermm

@11Alex11

I like the  "Intelligent Business" series.

4 Nov 2010     

11Alex11
Germany

Hey,

Thanks a lot everyone for your suggestions. I �ll have a careful and thorough look at all of these and then I �ll decide which one will be the most suitable.

Thanks again and have a nice Sunday ;-).

7 Nov 2010