Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > assignments for my students    

assignments for my students

miameto
Turkey

assignments for my students

dear collegues, i am going to give assignments to my students tomorrow. so, i need your advise here to decide the assignment subjects...cos, i want sth both enjoyable and educative...

i attend 4th and 5th classes here... the subjetcs we have covered in the 4th classes so far are greetings, numbers, clothes,family members and classroom commands/objects...

countries and nationalities, capital cities, classroom rules, giving and asking for directions, regions of our country are the subjets of 5th classes

this will be an individual work...

if you have any idea and share it i will be very glad..

thank you :)

4 Dec 2008      

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi miameto,

Some suggestions for you:

4th: 
- A biography of a family member. (you could provide them with a template)
- Design a piece of clothing (on paper only if you like) with a description or have a fashion show
- I know you said individual but this would be fun - in pairs design a robot - one person has to tell the robot what to do (one child is dressed up as a robot and follows the commands, students have to describe the robot in a short written description - ie how old, what it looks like, what it can say) This is fun and covers all of your topics.

5th:
- Create a boardgame (around the world in 80 days/carmen Santiago/The Great Race) covers the countries and the capitals and giving and asking directions.
- Choose a country and create a project on it with the following items:
         - Wordfind
         - crossword
         - map
         - Icon
         - flag
         - interview with a child
         - postcard
         - secret code
         - description of the country
         - 5 facts
         - iconic animal facts
         - song from this country with a fill in the vocabulary activity.

What ever else you want - you can make the list as long or as short as you like.  I tend to ask them to create things that we have previously used as exercises in class - by the way - you can use this list as a project for a christmas project if you want.

4 Dec 2008