Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > hope someone give me an answer!    

hope someone give me an answer!

CEYITA
Peru

hope someone give me an answer!

Dear friends i have some wosheets iwould like to share but they weight more than what is required here for the website. Please.. could someone help me? what can i do to compress them??

Thank you in advance =)

5 Nov 2010      

libertybelle
United States

Either you can copy the worksheet and paste it into a new page - that often lightens the load or you can use the Word programs compressor  for compressing the images or you can use
NXpower lite - a great program for making worksheets lighter.  The first 30 times are free.

5 Nov 2010     

CEYITA
Peru

very very thanks!!!!

Have a good day liberty belle. Greetings from *PERU*

5 Nov 2010     

DedicatedTeacher
United Arab Emirates

Hi there,

These are the steps I take when my worksheets hit the 700Kb:

First of all, most of the size come from the pictures I use. So the work would be on them.

01. After I have placed and resized the pictures into my worksheets, I click one of them and go to the options and choose compressing it. ( compress it to the website resolution 96db) - When compressing choose the option all pictures.

02. Save your worksheet and check the size. If the size is still above 500Kb, move to step 03.

03. While having your MS word working, open MS Powerpoint as well. [We will work back and forth between the two programmes]

04. Copy each image and paste it in Powerpoint and from there:
       04.1. Right click each picture and save it into a new folder.

05. Go back to the MS Word, delete all the pictures and replace them with the newly saved ones.

06. Save your final work and check the size. Mostly it would drop below 500Kb.

-------------------------------------------
I hope they are easy to follow steps. If any further explanation is needed, pleae write to me.

5 Nov 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

DT-Thanks for the tutorial. Ed

5 Nov 2010     

mariamit
Greece

ANother way is to save it as a webpage. After saving as a doc go back and save again as a web page in the same folder. Then open the doc. file and the web file simultaneously. Your web file should now have a folder containing all the pictures reduced in size. Delete the pictures from the doc file and copy and paste them from the web file. This should bring your files to less than 500 Kb. When I do this my files are usually reduced by at least 50%.

I do hope this helps you

Maria

5 Nov 2010     

DedicatedTeacher
United Arab Emirates

Many thanks mariamit... This is sure a shorter way to go around the size problem.

5 Nov 2010     

libertybelle
United States

And last but not least - we have some really super good tutorials here at ESL!!

Check these out!!

http://www.eslprintables.com/buscador/tutorials.asp

5 Nov 2010