Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What is the name you use for a class representative?    

What is the name you use for a class representative?

yolprica
Spain

What is the name you use for a class representative?

The boy or girl responsible for the little tasks teachers ask them to do and speak with the teachers when there are problems in their class is called in English.....
head boy/girl, form captain, spokesperson?
Thanks in advance
Yolanda
(I don �t know what I would do without your help)

5 Nov 2010      

todis25
Hungary

What about saying class representative or secretary? I �d use one of them but in all probability native speakers know it better. 

5 Nov 2010     

lockman
Morocco

Hi
I often use the word spokesman or the speaker of the group or class

5 Nov 2010     

keftor
Turkey

Hi,

I heard some people call it;  class "monitor" or "president".

hope it helps.

RG

5 Nov 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

see this:

Duties of a Class Monitor

1. If you are a class monitor, your duties are to help keep your fellow students in line during the school day, help your teacher maintain a neat and organized classroom and assist the teacher with special projects. Class monitors may volunteer for the position or may be elected. The term "class monitor" is used primarily in Asia and Europe. Schools in the United States may prefer the term "hall monitor" and primarily use monitors to ensure that students get to class safely.
  2. Set Up

3. You may be asked to help set up the classroom just as the teacher wants it, moving any chairs or tables as needed. Occasionally, you may need to sweep the classroom and wipe the desks and chairs down with a rag or dust cloth.
  4. Help New Students

5. You may serve as the liaison for new students, helping to acclimate them to the layout of the school and the school �s social climate. You may also take work to sick or injured students who have missed class.
  6. Lists

7. You may help create a class telephone and email list and may use an attendance list to take daily attendance. You may also help recruit people into elective classes if there are empty spaces.
  8. Discipline

9. As class monitor, you may also help the teacher promote discipline and peace in the classroom. You may be given the power to send students to the principal, to detention or to another authority within the school when students misbehave. You will also be given a school policy book so that you can help enforce the school rules.

Read more: Duties of a Class Monitor | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_5949788_duties-class-monitor.html#ixzz14S4c4vpY

6 Nov 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Class monitor (BR)
Hall monitor (AM)

6 Nov 2010     

foreverjinxed
South Africa

class captain

6 Nov 2010     

dturner
Canada

In Canadian schools, we would also use "monitor".

6 Nov 2010