Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > língua inglesa - atendimento    

língua inglesa - atendimento

morganalin
Portugal

língua inglesa - atendimento

Hi people, I wonder if anyone can help me...

I knew today that I �m going to start a  technical course of 50 hours this Thursday about "l�ngua inglesa - atendimento (attendance) "- the group is aged 20-40 years old

Hi wonder if someone has ws or knows books or websites that can help me with this subject, the clock is running...

Take care and thank u in advance

10 Nov 2010      

teacher jessie
Argentina

what is atendimento? 

10 Nov 2010     

el_profe55
Argentina

it is between brackets its translation!!!  it means Attendace

10 Nov 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Can you explain what the course consists of ? What do you mean by "English language - attendance?" What �s the connection between the two?

10 Nov 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Actually, "attendance" in English means "the act of being present (at a meeting or event etc.)".

The correct term for atendimento would be "assistance", not "attendance" (that �s a false cognate for Spanish and Portuguese - and maybe other languages too!! Wink)

10 Nov 2010     

gloriawpai
Brazil

Atendimento = service? reception? customer service?

10 Nov 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Still don �t get it, Bruna . . . what kind of "assistance" ? assistance needed to master the language ?? assistance if the sts have difficulties ??

10 Nov 2010     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

I �m guessing "custumer assistance" or custumer service. But Morganalin would have to be more specific. I was only referring to the correct term. 

10 Nov 2010     

sonita75
Portugal

Hello Morganalin,

I taught this module and I looked for material in the schoolbooks (7th and 8th grade) 

You will find a lot of things: In a shoe shop; in the supermarket.... Basically __I taught them how to talk to the customers.
My group was really weak so I had to teach them the numbers, the colours, clothes, food and so on before I started to introduce "atendimento" Wink

I might have some things,too that I can send you. Send me a message :-)

Sonia

10 Nov 2010     

SilviaCosta
Portugal

Hi!

I have to teach English to deaf students. What is the best technique to teach people when English is not their first language? 

Thanks,

S�lviaC 

10 Nov 2010